Author's website: LawrenceBlock.com. Lawrence Block is also the author of a large number of non-series novels (to be added at a later date).
(1) Bernie Rhodenbarr is an antiquarian bookseller by day, burglar by night.
(3) Winner of the 1979 Nero Award.
(4) The first two books of the Chip Harrison series are not mysteries; the last two are puzzle mysteries. When originally published, they were authored by "Chip Harrison".
(5) John Keller is an urban gun-for-hire.
(6) Matthew Scudder is a hard-drinking (though later sober) ex-cop and unlicensed private investigator.
(7) Winner of the 1982 Shamus Award for Best P. I. Hardcover.
(8) Winner of the 1994 Edgar Award for Best Novel.
(9) Winner of the 1994 Shamus Award for Best P. I. Hardcover.
(10) Evan Tanner is a Korean War veteran who has lost the ability to sleep.
(11) Lawrence Block used the pseudonym Sheldon Lord when he published a series of hard-boiled novels in the early 1960s.
(12) Lawrence Block used the pseudonym Jill Emerson when he published a series of hard-boiled paperback originals in the mid-1960s and early 1970s.
Page Author: Lance Wright. Site Publisher: Crime Novelists — The Omnimystery Family of Mystery Websites.